American media is obsessed with the Millennials. Take a look at the PBS Race Today website to see how Millennials are being labeled as racist as their parents and grandparents.
All of these articles appeared on the PBS page between March 16 – March 26, 2015 (see the screenshot below). That’s eight articles focused on Millennial racism within a 10 day span.
- White Millennials are products of a failed lesson in colorblindness
- Millennials don’t know how to talk about race, and that’s a problem
- The hidden racism of young white Americans
- We treat racism like it’s going extinct. It’s not.
- Here’s why it’s so hard to figure out how Millennials feel about racism
- We need to talk about racism on college campuses
- Twitter chat: Is the next generation really more tolerant?
- Millennials ‘confused, appalled’ by racist fraternity video
Apparently PBS is not immune to Millennial obsession.